The Hazrati Imam Ensemble is a religious complex in Tashkent. The ensemble was erected near the grave of the imam of the city of Tashkent, a scientist, an expert on the Koran and hadiths, one of the first preachers of Islam in Tashkent, a poet and craftsman Khazrati Imam (his full name is Abu Bakr ibn Ismail al-Kaffal ash-Shoshiy). According to historical sources, he was also a master of making locks and keys, for which he received the nickname "Kaffal", which means "Lockmaker", spoke 72 languages and translated the Old Testament (Torah) into Arabic.
In addition to buildings, there is a library of oriental manuscripts and the Koran of Caliph Usman.
There are 353 parchment sheets in the Koran. At first, the Koran was in Medina, then in Damascus and Baghdad. From Baghdad to Samarkand, the Koran was transported by Tamerlane. In 1869, Usman's Quran was taken to St. Petersburg, where they proved its authenticity. From there, the Koran was transferred to Ufa, and after that the Koran of Usman was transported to Tashkent.
The Quran of Usman, kept in Tashkent, is the only original manuscript of the Quran that has survived. This is evidenced by a certificate issued by the International Organization of UNESCO on August 28, 2000.
The construction of the Khazrati Imam Ensemble was completed in 2007. The ensemble consists of the following buildings:
Cathedral Mosque of Khazrati Imam. Erected in 2007 on the initiative and project of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov. The mosque has two domes and two minarets 53 meters high. The inner part of the domes is decorated with gold leaf. At the entrance to the mosque there is an aivan with twenty carved sandalwood columns. The window openings are designed in such a way that they allow the sun's rays to penetrate inside the mosque from sunrise to sunset.
Muyi Muborak Madrasah. The madrasah was built in the 16th century. The hair of the Prophet Muhammad is stored in the madrasah, in connection with which it got its name. The madrasah houses the library of the Muslim Board of Uzbekistan. The library fund contains the Quran of Usman, which dates back to 644-648, as well as about 20 thousand books and manuscripts, translations of the Quran in more than 30 languages. According to some sources, Muyi Muborak (“Sacred Hair”) Madrasah was rebuilt in 1856-1857. by decree of the Kokand Khan Mirza Ahmed Kushbegi.
Madrassah of Barak Khan. Built in 1531-1532. at the direction of Ulugbek's grandson - Nauruz Ahmed Khan, who had the nickname "Barak Khan", which means "lucky". Inside the madrasah there are two mausoleums - the Mausoleum of Suyunchkhoja Khan, which was erected over the burial place of Suyunchkhoja Khan, the first ruler of Tashkent from the Uzbek Sheibanid dynasty. The name of the second mausoleum is Nameless. It was built for Barak Khan, but Barak Khan was subsequently buried in Samarkand. The doors of the cells of the Barakkhan Madrasah are decorated with ivory and non-ferrous metals.
Namazgokh Mosque. Built in 1845-1865. It was the venue for Friday and holiday prayers during the reign of the Kokand Khan Khudoyar. During the years of the revolution, it was destroyed and plundered, and in the 70s. XX century was restored and transferred to the Board of Muslims of Central Asia and Kazakhstan. In 1971, the Islamic Institute named after Imam Al Bukhari was opened on the territory of the mosque.
Mausoleum of Khazrati Imam (Kaffal Shoshiy). Erected in the 16th century in honor of Khazrat Imam (Abu Bakr ibn Ismail al-Kaffal ash-Shoshiy). The mausoleum or tomb is built of baked tiled bricks, decorated with majolica, has a rectangular shape with a large blue dome on top. The windows of the building are decorated with ganch panjara.
The tomb is a khanaka and includes cells, a mosque, a tomb and other premises designed to provide shelter to dervishes in hujras. Both sides of the tombstone "Kaffal Shoshiy" adjoin chillahona. The sons of Hazrat Imam and his students are buried in the same place. Not far from the mausoleum is the house where Khoja Ahrar Vali lived. The tomb of Khazrati Imam (Abu Bakr ibn Ismail al-Kaffal al-Shoshiy) is revered by Muslims around the world.
Near the mausoleum there is a house where the master of Sufism, statesman, Saint Khoja Akhrar Vali lived. Another building of the Hazrati Imam Ensemble is the Tilla Shaikh Cathedral Mosque, which was built at the expense of one of the richest people in Tashkent in the 19th century, Tilla Shaikh, and consists of two parts - mihrabs for the convenience of worshipers.
The Khazrati Imam Ensemble also includes the building of the Spiritual Administration of Muslims of all Uzbekistan, built by folk craftsmen of Uzbekistan. The same building houses the Committee for Religious Affairs under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan.