Ru РУ

MADRASAH OF PANJOB

MADRASAH OF PANJOB Location 606

Panjob Madrassah is a now inactive Shia Muslim madrassah in the city of Samarkand, on Firdousi Street, built in 1889. It is located in the eastern part of Samarkand, in the center of the so-called historical-geographical urban region of Panjob, where a large diaspora of Central Asian Iranians lives in other regions of Samarkand, as well as beyond its borders. The name Panjob comes from the Persian and Tajik languages and is translated as Five Waters or Five Rivers. The madrasah is located next to the Shia Juma Mosque Panjob. Panjob Madrasah was built in 1889 by local architect and merchant Khoja Abduraim. From the moment of construction until the 1920s of the last century, Islamic sciences were taught in the madrasah. Khoja Abduraim, along with the madrasah, also built the Panjob mosque on the site of an older mosque. Thus, Khoja Abduraim built a whole complex, which was called Panjob.

606
Post comments: 0
LEFT COMMENT